We are OPEN for Business!


We are OPEN for Business!

By Patrick McCarran
Real Estate Broker

The good news is the Banks are still making loans, Realtors are still selling home and the Title companies are still managing the process. During this period of Corona virus and in a time of uncertainty I am here to support you. Real Estate has been deemed an essential business and although it may look a little different, many of my fellow realtors like myself are here to help with all of you real estate needs and answer any questions. I am happy to discuss the shutdown, the future of the economy and the housing market in general. If you want to make a plan to buy a home whether today or in the future, I am here for you. If you are looking to sell your home, I would be happy to provide counseling or list the property.

In this modern age I can accomplish this all through the wonders of technology. We can chat via any number of apps like Zoom or FaceTime. I can tour the home virtually. We can fill out most of the paperwork through email with programs such as Docusign and utilize phone and video consultations to review the contracts and disclosures. It really is based on your level of comfort and need.

Lenders, like real estate agents, offer essential services and are open for business. Some of the higher value loans are limited but there are still many first time buyer programs available. Depending on your choice, you can either meet under social distance protocols or conduct the entire loan process online and digitally.

Title and escrow professionals are still operating virtually as well, they can process the necessary paperwork and provide closing papers via email and courier. While we will still need a notary, this can be done with safe social distancing practices using sanitized pens and gloves to handle the paperwork.

Although the timeframes may take a little longer, I have a team of professionals to offer you the same full service that I always have, but in a slightly different way.  My photographer will take pictures and create a virtual tour. Home and termite inspections to help find any existing or potential issues, are best in person and conducted with safe practices. Contractors and a handyman for repairs and maintenance, as needed. Virtual staging to showcase your home, either through the app or digitally in the professional photos. Appraisals are still working as well within social distancing guidelines and practices.

Buyers can still buy. You may have concerns about looking in person and I have solutions. I can visit the home and perform a live tour with the buyer individually or make arrangements for the entire family on Zoom using the internet and my phone to send real-time video. This is the next best thing to being there and enables the buyer to ask question’s such as room sizes, direction, orientation, and focus in on any details or architectural features of the home. In this market most listings have interactive 3D virtual tours that will let you get a feel for the floor plan and of the house. If you want to see the home in person there are options for that as well with safe practices.  




If you need to sell your home I am ready as well. I have a comprehensive marketing plan to get your home sold including holding virtual open houses across multiple platforms to maximize your homes exposure. As I covered earlier I can perform the initial consultation virtually or in person depending on your comfort level.  Once you are ready, I will have my stager set up a virtual tour to help you maximize your value.  I will send my photographer out and with the precautionary protocols in place, he can create the interactive 3D tour of the property to let people get the feel before they visit in person or possibly write an offer contingent on viewing the property in person. This is to thin out any buyers who aren’t serious or if the house does not fit their needs prior to physically visiting the property.

Just to be clear, my process depends on your level of comfort and choice. If you would like to meet under social distance protocols, I am there. I have my mask, my hand sanitizer, and booties if you need them. However if you are not comfortable meeting in person, then I have a system in place to offer you the same great service without ever meeting face to face, the options are  yours to choose.

 I believe very strongly, that this will pass. I believe in our Country and the resilience of the people. We will overcome this set back and we will be stronger for the experience.

Patrick McCarran is a local Realtor and Broker DRE# 01325072. He can be contacted by phone or text at (925) 899-5536, pmccarran@yahoo.com or www.CallPatrick.com. An independently owned and operated office.  In association with Realty One Group Elite DRE# 0193160. Equal Housing Opportunity.

Comments

Popular Posts